The “Tozzi” estate is set in a natural amphitheatre. The family owns about 7.5 hectares of vineyard, preserved and protected by the Vena del Gesso, a ridge of calcium sulphate that stretches for about twenty kilometres. The particular conformation, considered to be a real “geological monument”, creates the ideal micro-climate for the cultivation of both vineyards and the finest quality oil. The extraordinary morphological variety of the territory, characterised by sandstone and clay, as well as the presence of an extremely rich and heterogeneous flora, allows the production of perfectly structured wines with particular floral accents. Here, where, according to historical documents, the term Sangiovese appeared publicly for the first time in a notarial deed drawn up in Casola Valsenio on the 26th of September 1672, the “Tozzi” vineyards are found in three different plots. Alongside white grape varieties such as Chardonnay, the hybrid Incrocio Manzoni, Pinot Noir and Merlon, there are vineyards cultivated with Albana, the first DOCG in Italy and His Majesty, Sangiovese.